We are going to make you familiar with the 8 most significant and hidden features of HBO which you might not be aware of. You can use HBO Go on your streaming media player as well as on browser to stream the media.
- Activate kid lock: This is one of the smartest features you will find in the HBO Go. With kid lock, you can restrict the content from streaming when your kids are watching HBO Go. If you don’t want your kids to stream oft-orgiastic world of Westeros, then you can use this feature. You can restrict the number of shows available for viewing for your kids. The playlist will be confined to the kid’s section only but not to the parental section.
To use this function, you will have to click on the left-hand side of the screen. Here, ‘lock icon’ will be displayed on the screen. Click to enable. If this is the first time you are using it, then enter the security code first. This code is of four digits.
- Watch from the browser: You can stream media from HBO go.com on OTT and mobile apps. Moreover, you can use your computer browser to stream HBO content. You just have to log in to the HBO account with the credentials. The URL for this page is play.hbogo.com. You can open the watch list from here.
- Continue watching the same platform: With HBO Go, you can watch the same show on multiple-platforms. If you have paused any show on one platform, then you can resume playback on another platform. The show will start playing from the point where you had left earlier.
- Parental controls: Being a parent, if you don’t want your child to access explicit or adult content from your device, then you can use parental controls which will lock the above-mentioned section and not let your child open it by any means. For this, a maximum rating is required to be set on your HBO. For HBO now, you can set the parental controls from the right-hand side of the corner. Select rating from there. Don’t forget to enter the four-digit code.
- Share your HBO login: If you don’t have your own account on HBO but your family has, then there is nothing to worry. You can use your family member account to access the favorite programs. Just get the login details from your family member and enter it in the space provided. This feature has been revealed by CEO of HBO.
- Video playback option: If you use your mobile data to stream media, then you will get limited data for streaming whereas, in Wi-Fi system, you can stream infinite length of videos without any fear of data usage warning. Just click on ‘Playback’ icon.
- See cast, crew, and extras: Like Amazon video X-ray feature, you can get information about the cast and crew members of any video or a show by clicking on Subheadings. A rating arrow on the screen will provide you with complete information about it. You can open video-behind scenes from the information page.
- What’s going on right now: HBO is working just like a Netflix business model. The user can check the business model of Netflix from where they can get information about the agreements which company has done with the content makers and studios.