Email users are only aware of the processes that are related to email composing, sending and receiving. There is a concept named ‘email alias’, which is not that popular among email users, but it is an important concept. We in this blog post will discuss the concept of ‘email alias’ along with the process of creating an email alias.
An email alias is a specific email address that is created by users for their own convenience. Many users create difficult email addresses just for security purposes, but end up making things difficult for their contacts. The concept of email alias is very much similar to call diverting. But, the difference between creating an email alias and call diversion is that the email alias is made because the primary email address is not easy to remember and access, but since it is being used for such a long time, it is not possible to shut it down instantly and switch over to another email ID. If you are using RoadRunner email, then you can go to RR com login mail settings in order to create an email alias.
In this case, the concept of email alias comes into the picture. If you have an email ID let’s say, ‘NeilMckenzie@RR.com’, and you want to have a simpler email ID like ‘nm@RR.com’, then you can easily create this new ID, but the problem is that your previous email ID is your primary ID and it can’t be shut down. Your original TWC email login will work in tandem with the email alias. So, what you do is, you create a new email ID, i.e., ‘nm@RR.com’ where all the messages coming from that primary email ID will be forwarded to.
Now that you know what is email alias, so let us move ahead with the process of configuring your RR email login account so that the emails can be delivered to the new email ID. Below-mentioned is the steps that you can follow to configure your email account. These steps are common and therefore, can be used for any email service.
- Open your web browser and sign-into www RR com login mail.
- Click on ‘options’ and after that, click on ‘more options’.
- You will see an option labeled ‘customize email’, which you have to select. After that, you will have to find an option that says, “Sort new emails”.
- There will be an option that says, ‘permit new mails to go to their respective folders’, which you have to delete.
How to enable your email alias to reply to your contacts?
You can make use of Thunderbird identity functionality in order to enable your email alias to be reply-to address. Here are the steps that you need to follow:
- Go to Thunderbird account settings followed by choosing your primary email ID.
- After that, click on the option that says, “Manage identities’ and then, click on ‘add’.
- Enter the name, which you want to hook up with email alias.
- Once you do so, add email alias in the box where ‘email address’ needs to be added along with ‘reply-to address’.
- Review settings in order to be sure that everything is right. Also, you can configure many other options like messages, encryption and reply quote. Just check Time Warner Cable for more information regarding settings.
- After everything is done, click ‘OK’ button twice to complete the procedure.
How to store emails to email alias in separate folders?
It is possible to create a custom folder to store emails rather than having a standard inbox.
- Go to file menu, then, click on new. You will see a new folder.
- You can give any name to the folder.
- Select the mails that were transferred to alias account followed by clicking ‘message’ and ‘create filter’.
- Enter a name of the filter in the respective dialog box. Keep in mind to configure it to apply when manually running the filer or checking RR login email. You have to configure the filter in such a way that ‘To is’ turns into email alias ID.
- Change the action to ‘Move messages to’ followed by choosing the folder, which was made by you above.