Are you getting the problem in sending SBCglobal Email Login from internet service provider? If yes, then you will surely get an error message which says, ‘Cannot send message due to port 25 blocked’. You need not worry. The problem is mainly with the internet service but not with the email itself.
What is Port 25 actually and why it blocks?
To prevent viruses and malware received through internet services, the email service provider blocks port 25. You can filter this port even to bypass the error encountered due to this.
How to send email to blocked port 25?
- Send by changing the port to 587: If you have an account on SBCGlobal email service, then you can change the default port number of your server from 25 to 587. This will remove the sending problem on your email account. If you find any problem, you can contact internet service provider.
- In case you are not interested to change the port number of mail, then there is an alternate method available for you. You can change the outgoing server settings by just placing SMTP in front of email server address.
If you have installed programs like Microsoft outlook, outlook + in your system, then you can use it simply. Change the settings of your outgoing server. Select ‘More’ from the advanced settings, here you will find ‘Login’ option. Click to log in to the internet service provider account by entering username and password for the same.
Note: These days, some of the best email service providers have started Crackdown feature called ‘Spam activity’. In this feature, you are allowed to send a single message to only 30 members. You can’t send to more than 30 members in a day. If you cross this limit, then mail service will block your outgoing port. This is applicable on the SBCGlobal email account.
If you have your own business and your daily limit crosses 30 members, then there is an option available for you. You can subscribe to ‘Constant contact’. In this link, you will be provided infinite space for sending the message to as many numbers you want. You will be charged 75 cents a day. We recommend you to try this offer as early as possible.
How to configure outgoing server settings on your SBCGlobal Email account?
- Select ‘Tools’ from the menu option and go to ‘Accounts’.
- Open SBCglobal Net Mail from the mail service provider.
- Select the server settings for your email account.
- Open ‘Outgoing mail server settings’.
- Check for optimum online option available on your account. If it is not available, then change the SMTP settings for different servers.
- Open ‘Settings’ followed by ‘Login’.
- Enter username and password of your internet service provider. If you forgot the username or password, then you can contact internet service provider.
- Click to return to the main window. Check whether the settings saved by you are working or not.
If you see an error message which reflects ‘None of the authentication supported’, then there is an urgent need to check the outgoing server information. For this, you are required to authenticate the server. In case of any problem or information, you can call at our toll-free email support number. The technical team will help you in a most convenient manner.