You should update Plex app for NVidia Shield, as this updated app will give you a host of new features that will make transferring data a lot easier. Also, get information related to Plex, such as how to use it, and how to migrate your data from one location to another in this blog post.
Plex has updated their app on NVidia Shield on 16th May 2018. A number of people are using Plex app on NVidia Shield TV because they know the ability of Plex app to migrate Shield server data to external storage. With this updated app, NVidia Shield owners will be able to allow 16 GB of data to their large Plex libraries without having to use local storage. Thousands of customers are using Plex app as it allows an easy transfer data from one platform to another.
With Plex app, you will be able to store the data from your DVR in a lot easier way. Using NVidia Shield with Plex is a great combination for cord cutters because it not just gives them the option to play local files but also make use of the same as a DVR for over-the-air TV antenna.
Moving your content from internal storage to a USB drive or SD card is perhaps the easiest of the tasks if you have Plex app. If you want to know the process of transferring the content from internal storage to USB drive or SD card, then it is mentioned below:
Migrating your Plex Server storage location
- Begin by connecting your USB storage device to NVidia Shield. It doesn’t matter if you own an NVidia Shield 2015 model because you can still use SD card.
- If you want, you can adopt storage to NVidia Shield.
- Launch Plex app on your NVidia Shield device and then, go to ‘Settings’, then ‘Plex Media Server’ and finally, ‘Storage location’.
- You will now have to select the storage location.
- Adopted Storage: Select Internal storage (user accessible location).
- Removable Storage: Select the storage device by name.
- As soon as you select the storage location, the migration process is going to start. It will take several minutes to complete as there are some huge files to transfer from one location to another. But, how much time the transfer process will take depends on the size of your library. If there are fewer files, then the process may be completed in a few minutes’ time, but if there are too many files, then you will have to wait for 20-30 minutes as well.
But, Plex app has made transferring of data from internal storage to other devices a lot easier. You can save your favorite content using NVidia Shield TV, and then, move that to a device from where you can easily access it at will.