Have you started getting Blank screen problem on your Nvidia shield TV after performing a system update or TV firmware version? If yes, then there is nothing to worry as you are not the only one who is getting this issue. There are some Nvidia users who are getting the problem with the sound output and video streaming after updating their device OS version. The steps to fix this problem are quite simple and easy to implement.
If you are getting a message which says, ‘Nothing is connected’ on the Nvidia shield TV screen, then it means your device is connected but no signal. For this, we recommend you to connect the Nvidia shield to HDMI port of TV without a power adapter. Follow the steps mentioned below to fix the blank screen problem from Nvidia screen.
- Before troubleshooting your device, you must ensure the green light of the device whether it is turned on or not.
- Check if the Shield TV is in sleep mode, then disable this mode.
- Check the cable joints properly. Any loose cable may result in the occurrence of this error.
- If any HDMI port is damaged on your TV, then connect the Nvidia shield to another port and change the source from the TV remote.
- If the cable is broken from somewhere then get it new from the store. It must be lesser than 3m in length.
- Check the software update for your TV. If available then perform it at once.
- Open ‘Settings’ from the gear icon.
- Click on ‘About’ option. Here you will find all the options related to updating a device firmware and the current firmware details.
- Check the TV source carefully which is selected as the output. Wrong output selected from the remote may lead to Blank screen problem.
- Change the settings of Home screen on Nvidia Shield TV.
- For this, go to ‘Settings’ followed by ‘Preferences’.
- Check if there is any need of HDCP for your HDMI port to connect TV to the Nvidia box.
If you are getting blank screen problem after installing OTA, then the steps to troubleshoot this problem are mentioned here as under:
- Unplug the power cable and HDMI cable from Nvidia shield TV. Wait for some seconds.
- Connect the power cable and HDMI cable again to the TV.
- Check the updates for your system software. If any new update is available, then download it and install immediately.
- Power on Nvidia shield device. Check if the problem is solved or not. If the problem is still not solved, then there might be some problem in the hardware. For this, you can approach nearby Nvidia store.
In this way, you can troubleshoot the Blank screen problem. In case you find these steps helpful for you, don’t forget to mention your comments in the comments section given below. If you find any problem in implementing the steps or unable to fix the problem, then call at Nvidia support number.