You can enjoy Netflix contents fully if you watch it on full-screen mode. However, if you are not being able to watch content on ‘Full-screen’ mode, then this may disappoint you for a moment. There is nothing to worry, today we are going to offer some suggestions which will help you in getting rid of this problem.
The problem of Full screen on PC or device encounters generally due to a problem with the browser. If you are using a default browser on your PC, then refresh it once and check if the problem is solved or not. If this doesn’t solve the problem, then here are some steps which you need to follow to troubleshoot this problem.
Solution 1: Troubleshoot web browser
Follow the three steps mentioned below to resolve the problem:
- Restart browser.
- Clear browser cookies.
- Try opening it on a different browser.
After clearing cookies, all corrupted files and outdated settings on the web browser will get resolved. The steps to clear cookies are:
- Open Netflix. Com and click on ‘Clear cookies’.
- Once you clear cookies, the Netflix will be automatically signed out from the browser.
- You are required to log in again from your device.
- Try playing videos on Full-screen mode.
If the steps mentioned above doesn’t solve your issue, then you can restart the web browser. This is not the end of the solution. If the problem is still not solved, then try playing videos from another browser.
For your information, we want to mention here that Netflix supports internet explorer 11 and higher version, Microsoft edge 10, Opera 33 or later version and Firefox 47 or higher version. Apart from this, you need 720p and 1080p resolution TV. It depends on a web browser. If you are using MS edge, then you can stream up to 4K resolution videos provided it must support HDCP 2.2 connection.
Your PC must fulfill all requirements prior watching content from Netflix and another streaming channel.
Solution 2: Uninstall and reinstall Silverlight plugin
This plugin is used for the browser. If you want to watch videos on your computer browser, then you can download Silverlight plugin from the internet.
If the full-screen feature on Netflix is not working, then there might be some issue with the Silverlight plugin. Maybe some files are corrupted or outdated. You need to uninstall them and re-install them again. The steps to uninstall and reinstall Silverlight plugin are:
- Close the web browser windows.
- Open ‘Control panel’.
- Go to ‘Programs’.
- Click on ‘Uninstall’ option to delete from the computer.
- Search for ‘MS Silverlight’ and click to uninstall.
Now, you have to install the latest version of same software plugin in your computer. The steps to install the latest plugin are:
- Go to ‘Com’.
- Tap on any video to start playing it.
- Select ‘Install now’.
- Tap to save a file. You will find the downloaded file in ‘Downloads’ folder.
- Tap Run to install the program.
- Click to ‘close’ the dialog box.
- Open your browser then play videos from Netflix.
If you are still getting the problem, then get in touch with the Netflix support team.