Are your some emails missing from your inbox folder of BellSouth account? If yes, then at this point, you need to take care of this issue otherwise it may pose a serious threat in future. Today, we are going to discuss a guide with you which will help you in troubleshooting this problem. We hope you will be able to get success after implementing this guide on your computer.
1st step: Check the conversation thread for any message
If you are not getting the message just imported to your account, then check the conversation thread of your BellSouth Email Login Account. For this, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Open your email account through a browser.
- Open ‘Emails’.
- Click on the option which says, ‘Expand all messages’ from the right corner of the screen.
- All the messages will be displayed on the screen.
2nd step: Check incoming mail size
There are some size restrictions on incoming emails by every email service provider. In BellSouth email, it is 150 MB max. If the mail size is more than this limit, then you won’t get the mail. To check the size of your mail, follow the steps:
- Open your email account.
- Click on ‘Search’ button and enter size.
- If you want to search for a size lesser than 150 MB, then enter the same keywords.
- If you want to filter the mail for a size larger than 150 MB, then enter the keywords accordingly in the search bar.
- A complete result will be displayed on the screen. You need to check the mail and perform action accordingly.
- If you want to check the size of mail in other email service provider account, then call at email customer support.
3rd step: Check the settings of BellSouth Email account
- Open ‘Bellsouth’ on your desktop and go to login page.
- Tap on ‘Settings’ from the top of the screen.
- Click on import and account menu.
- Check the import option. If this is available, and you don’t find the message yet in your inbox, then there is a problem with the account type. You might have selected POP type account. In this account type, you can’t retrieve old mails once deleted.
- If the import option is grayed out, then go to next troubleshooting tip.
4th step: Check the problem in your import section
- Open Bellsouth on your PC.
- Go to settings from the top of the page.
- Over to ‘Accounts and imports’.
- Click on ‘Import from other account and folder’ option. Here, you will find ‘Edit’ option. Click to edit it.
- Check on the box which says, ‘Leave a copy of the message on server’.
- Even after enabling this option, if you still find the same problem, then the mail you are searching for is definitely deleted from your old account.
- If the checkbox is not marked earlier, then it means no email found in your old account or the email is deleted before importing process.
This is all about the troubleshooting tips. If you are still having any query or problem, then feel free to call at Email customer support.