Usually, email services work smoothly on Apple iPad, but when they don’t, then it creates a doubt in the minds of the users regarding the functioning of email service and the device. Bellsouth email, a top-rated email service can also succumb to several errors. But, people using this email service shouldn’t worry at all, as the problems arising in this email service can be easily resolved by making changes in the settings of the email account in Apple iPad.
Bellsouth email going down due to an error is not a big deal. If you are using Bellsouth email service and are not being able to access the account due to connectivity issues, server issues or account setup issues, then there is no need to feel scared.
What to do when you are not able to receive emails on your iPad?
It is really annoying to see that emails can’t be retrieved in Bellsouth email ID. If you are facing this issue for past many days, then you should check your internet connection first. If there is no internet connection on your iPad, then it is obvious to see such issues.
You need to check whether the Wi-Fi logo is being displayed on the home screen of your iPad or not. Or, if you are using a 3G/4G iPad version, then check for 3G/4G or LTE indicator. Check the indication along with the signal strength because both these things will help you know about the current situation of the internet.
- Turn on your iPad and go to ‘settings’.
- Tap ‘Wi-Fi’ option and toggle the slider against the ‘Wi-Fi’ to ‘On’.
- You will see a number of Wi-Fi networks from which you can join the one you think belongs to you, or the one you know the password for.
- In case you are using 4G iPad, then tap ‘settings’ option and then ‘cellular data’. There will be an option named ‘view account’, which you need to tap in order to view the login information.
If you are still facing issues in receiving emails or if you are receiving any error message, then you can go to Bellsouth Email Account settings.
- Go to ‘settings’ menu.
- Tap the option named ‘mail, contacts & Calendars’.
- You will see your Bellsouth email account on the screen, so tap on your account.
- On the next screen tap ‘account’ tab.
- Check if the login details for your Bellsouth email account has been added in a correct way or not.
After you enter the email ID and password again, you are going to see ‘verifying’ option given at the top of the iPad’s screen. You will also see your account working after seeing ‘verifying’ option, but in case, the screen freezes on ‘verifying’ option, then you can perform the following steps.
- Go to ‘mail, contacts, calendar’ tab.
- Tap the email account, which you think is problematic.
- Check if the email account is listed as ‘ON’ if it is a POP3 account.
- Also, check if the email account is turned on in IMAP accounts.
- If you are still not receiving the emails, then you should delete that account from the list and set it up again. Emails will be saved on the server if you have configured that account using IMAP. Your emails will appear in the inbox once the account has been set up.
- Once the account has been set up, you are going to see ‘verified’ check marks during set up. These check marks will confirm that everything is OK.