Are you getting the problem in accessing your Roadrunner mail from your iPhone after updating its OS version to 11.1/2? If yes, then there is no need to feel disappointed because you are not the only one who is getting this problem. Most of iPhone users who have recently updated their phone OS have started getting this problem.
Apple recently launched this new OS version with the aim to remove bugs from existing OS version. All the users who have updated their OS version mentioned in the comment section that they started getting the problem in accessing their Roadrunner email from the email app. Their email app is not opening properly or sometimes crashes all of sudden.
If you are also the victim of this problem and getting the problem in fetching mail from outlook.com, then we recommend you to update your OS further to 11.2. This OS version has been intentionally developed to remove email bugs. Apart from this if you are getting the below-mentioned errors, then quick tips are provided herewith it. You must read them carefully.
Mail app not receiving messages from any email address and flashing wrong mail password message on screen:
If after updating the version to 11.1, you are getting this error message, then you will feel as if your incoming messages are blocked. To fix this kind of error, we advise you to delete your email from the phone and re-configure it. Steps for reconfiguring the email account are:
- Open phone settings followed by mail menu.
- You need to select your account from the list of accounts configured on your phone.
- Open the account and click ‘Sign-out’.
- Now, go to ‘Add an account’ option and enter the details again.
Blank screen on email app:
If you notice blank screen after opening the email app, then you might have entered a wrong email address or the email address contain an apostrophe. To resolve this problem, contact Apple support or follow the below-mentioned troubleshooting tips.
- Remove an account from the phone which is creating an issue.
- Delete all emails having a file size larger than 6 MB. If you have any failure message saved in the outbox folder, then delete it. Delete older mails which no longer required.
- Restart Apple phone or iPad: To perform this action, you need to press and hold the power button for at least 5 seconds or until you find apple logo on the screen. The restarting steps are different for different models. If you are using iphone7, then it is different than that for iphone8.
- Perform restore function: To try this step, you need to first take the backup of your data in your computer. Once the data backup function gets performed, you can restore your device. If the RR email is still creating the same problem, then you can perform the hard reset of your device.
Note: If any message starts receiving in the trash folder of your email app, then we would like to mention here that click on the link, which says ‘My messages are receiving in trash folder’.
Bottom line: This is all about the troubleshooting tips. We hope these steps will help you in fixing the annoying email app problem on your Apple iOS 11.1/2. Don’t forget to mention your comments in the comment section given below.