To know the process of how to set up Roadrunner email on Motorola Droid 4, you don’t have to scour the web anymore. You can simply go through the steps that are written below and get all your emails from RR email account on your smartphone.
The process of setting up Roadrunner Webmail email on Motorola Droid 4 is easier than you have imagined. Today, I’m going to share steps for setting up RR email on Motorola Droid 4. To begin with, you need to open ‘applications’ tray, then tap ‘email’ followed by tapping ‘next’. After that, skip down to step 3.
- If you are adding an additional account, then you are already in the inbox of your 1st account when you have touched ‘email’. Press ‘menu’ followed by tapping ‘add accounts’ from the email app’s inbox.
- Now, its time to select email account type, which could be IMAP4 or POP3.
- Type in your RR email address along with its password.
- Tap ‘next’.
This was the process of setting up RR email automatically. If the email has not been configured after performing those steps, then you can set up RR com Login email account manually. But, before you begin with the manual set up of email, you need to first verify your RR email username and password.
Here are the steps for setting up RR email manually using POP3 or IMAP4 email account type:
- Follow the same steps that you’ve performed during automatic set up of email address.
- Now, select ‘account type’, which could be either IMAP4 or POP3.
- You need to confirm all the information regarding your email with your email provider, as if there is any wrong information, then you need to correct it. If you have set up your email account in an incorrect manner, then you won’t be able to connect your email with the email server.
- Type in your ‘Username’ along with RR email ‘password’.
- Type in ‘POP3 server’, which could be like this, ‘pop-server.ny.rr.com’ (I have used ny for New York, so you can add the city you live in).
- Select ‘Security’ (None).
- Enter ‘110’ or ‘995’ in the ‘incoming port’.
- You need to verify that the incoming settings are correct, which includes all the information that was auto-populated. Once all the information has been verified, then press ‘Next’.
- Your smartphone will be connected to the server if all the information turns out to be correct.
After filling in ‘incoming email server’ information, you need to enter information for ‘outgoing server’.
- Enter ‘server.ny.rr.com’ in outgoing SMTP server name. (I have used ny for New York, so you can add the city you live in).
- Select ‘Security’ (None).
- Enter ‘25’ or ‘587’ in the outgoing port, but only use the latter port number if the former one doesn’t work.
- Verify ‘username’ and password.
- Verify that all the settings are correct, and it they are, then press ‘Next’.
- Your Motorola Droid 4 will now be connected to the server and starts downloading emails automatically.
Note: If you are using POP3, then you need to ensure that you have unchecked the option ‘delete the copy from server’ on your computer if you are not interested in deleting the emails that you receive after you sync upcoming emails into your smartphone.