There could be a number of reasons for getting NVidia Shield TV. Some people want to have a streaming device in order because they are not satisfied with the old cable TV services whereas, others want to have an additional option of watching content. Whatever your reason is, there is one thing that I can assure you about and i.e., the capabilities of NVidia Shield TV. This device will not disappoint you, but on the contrary, it will sway you from the conventional form of content streamers.
NVidia Shield TV comes with the backing of Android, so there is one more Android TV available on the market and its name is ‘NVidia Shield TV’. Although it is quite easy to understand the interface of NVidia Shield TV, yet there are many who will face issues, but there is need to worry, as NVidia Shield TV help is there to assist them. Moreover, we will be discussing the setup process of NVidia Shield TV and its uses today.
First of all, let us discuss as to what you are going to get in the box. There are six things that you are going to see in the box, and these are;
- NVidia Shield TV set-top box.
- Power lead to turn on the set-top box.
- Gaming controller.
- Remote control.
- USB charging cable for a gaming controller.
- Supporting literature.
There are five ports at the back of the device, these are; an HDMI port, a power port, 2 USB ports and an Ethernet port.
The connection between the TV and NVidia Shield TV will be made if you plug one end of the HDMI cable into the HDMI port of the Shield TV and another end into the HDMI port of your TV. Make sure that the HDMI port on your TV is HDCP-compatible. Take NVidia Shield support if you don’t know what HDCP-compatible means.
After connecting the HDMI cable into the right ports of both devices, you will have to plug the power adapter into the power socket. Many streaming devices are plugged into the USB port of the TV in order to stream digital content and get charged at the same time, but this isn’t the case with NVidia Shield TV. You will have to connect this device to the main power supply. If the device doesn’t start working after you plug the power adapter, then take NVidia Shield TV support from experts.
Finally, you will have to make arrangements for the internet connection. For that, you need to connect the Ethernet port on your router to the Ethernet port of the NVidia Shield TV using a high-quality Ethernet cable. If the router is placed in a different room, then you can get the internet service through Wi-Fi.
Once all the connections are made, you can turn on the TV followed by using the ‘input’ button that is given on the TV’s remote control. Select the right input using the ‘up or down’ arrow key in order to switch to the right HDMI channel. If everything is OK, then you are going to see ‘NVidia logo’ on your television screen.
Setting up NVidia Shield TV for the first time? Here is what you need to know
- Start the process by choosing a language. If English is your language, then choose ‘English’, otherwise choose the right one from the list.
- In case the internet service is not being received via an Ethernet cable, then you will be prompted to connect to the Wi-Fi network. So, use the TV’s remote control to select the right Wi-Fi network and enter its password.
- You will also see ‘connecting to Google’ message on your TV screen, so you can add your Google account details. This will give permission to the device to access your applications, recommended music and video files, games that are saved in the Google Cloud service and more. If you don’t wish to connect your Google account, then skip this step.
- That concludes the setting up process, and now, you can click ‘continue’ to go to the next screen, where you will see ‘NVidia’s terms and conditions’. Click ‘yes’ to those and finish the setup process.
In case you come across any issue in any of the above-mentioned steps, then take NVidia Shield Controller support from experts.