Emails work smoothly on Apple devices, let it be iPhone, iPad, and iPod. There is an email app that comes with all these devices, which you can use to access your email account. But, what if your email address is getting rejected by the server on Apple iPhone or replaying denied. If you are dealing with this issue, then you need follow the settings that are given in the blog post below.
The first thing you need to make sure is that you are using the correct email address. The issue could arise due to incomplete setup, but this issue will cause problems in sending emails, replies or forwarding emails from that particular email account.
The problem could have caused due to the invalid port that you have used to send email from your iOS device. So, what you can do is, you can change or update port setting with below-mentioned steps. You don’t have to be an expert to perform the steps.
There has been a bug identified with iOS 11 that may be the reason for problems in sending email from Outlook using email app on Apple devices such as iPhone, iPad, and iPod. The message that people receive on their device’s screen is ‘Cannot send mail. The message was rejected by the server’. This message means that they can’t send email to MS Mail services that are hosted by MS Outlook, MS Exchange and Office 365.
Solution to the problem of email address getting rejected by the server on Apple iPhone or relaying denied on an iOS device.
- The problem may arise due to the wrong setup of outgoing mail server detail. Or, if people fail to enter email login details at the right time.
- They will have to enter their email ID and password for outgoing email server verification. For that, they will have to go to the settings menu on their iOS devices, then go to ‘accounts & password’. After that, they will have to tap on ‘Account’ which is problematic. After selecting that account, tap, ‘outgoing email server’, then ‘primary server’. Now they will have to enter their username and password.
This above-mentioned process was for iOS 11 and later versions.
Now, if someone is using iOS 10 or earlier, then he/she can follow below-mentioned steps:
- Go to ‘settings’ menu on your iOS device.
- Tap ‘mail, contacts, Calendars’ option.
- Tap ‘email account’ that you are already registered to or have logged into.
- Tap ‘outgoing mail server’ now, but make sure not to skip optional fields that you see.
- It’s time to go to ‘primary server’ option.
- Click on ‘server port’ option now.
- You will have to remove the current port and in place of that, enter port number ‘25’.
- Finally, save settings by tapping ‘Done’.
With this, the error is going to be fixed. But, if you are still facing the problem, then enter the right SMTP details. These details are going to be different for different email service providers, so if you are using Roadrunner email, then the SMTP details would be ‘smtp.rr.com’ along with your username and password.
You need to go to ‘settings’, then ‘mail, contacts, Calendars’, ‘account’, ‘SMTP’ and finally ‘Add server’ option to save the SMTP settings.
If you come across any issue, then you can get in touch with RR com login mail help and support provider. They will be able to assist you in the most comprehensive way.