Watching Netflix on Nintendo Wii has no longer remain a difficult task. You can easily connect your device to Netflix channel by performing simple steps. Yes, if you are getting an error message which displays ‘Unable to connect to Netflix’ on screen, then there is need to fix it as early as possible.
Nintendo Wii is a gaming console that is intentionally made for game lovers who love to play games at homes. The company kept on revamping its software and hardware so as to satisfy the users need. You can stream apps like Netflix, HBO, and Hulu on your TV with the help of this device. This device supports this streaming media channels. If you are getting problem in connecting the device to media servers, then read the steps mentioned below:
- Restart home network: To perform restart function of your network, you need to unplug all network devices like router, modem, and extender from the power supply and plug it back to power supply after 10 seconds.
- Switch off Nintendo Wii: Unplug modem first, then disconnect the Nintendo Wii device from the power supply. Wait for 30 seconds. Now, connect the modem and turn it on. Wait till all lights on modem turn green, then switch on Nintendo Wii. Try streaming Netflix now.
- Connect Nintendo directly bypassing router: Another way to troubleshoot connection problem is ‘Connect the Nintendo device directly to the modem bypassing router’. Sometime, router may create problem in connecting the device to the channel servers. Connect the device via Ethernet. The steps to connect the modem to Nintendo are:
- Log off Nintendo device.
- Plug the Ethernet cable into Nintendo Wii Ethernet port and to the modem.
- Wait for 30 seconds before turning on the modem.
- Plug the modem and check the lights until it gets stable.
All the above mentioned steps will help you in fixing the connection problem on Nintendo Wii. In case you are still getting any problem, you can contact at Netflix com support. The technical team is well-qualified and has good experience in this field.
- Restore ISP default settings: Check the settings of your ISP. If any changes have been made by you earlier, then you can reset the ISP settings to default. If you are getting the problem in restoring the default settings, then you can call at Internet service provider number. They will help you in a most convenient manner. If you have changed the DNS settings of your internet connection, then it must be set to default. Once the settings get done, restart all your devices.
- Improve the signal strength of your Wi-Fi network: If after configuring the proper settings, you are still getting any problem, then improve the signal strength of network through below mentioned techniques:
- The placement of router is directly related to the network strength. If the placement is not proper, then you will get poor signal strength.
- Place the router at a far distance from all those devices which emit electromagnetic rays because these radiations if come in contact with wireless frequencies, they may affect its performance.
- Try placing the router on a shelf or on the table instead of placing it on the floor.