You may or may not come across an issue on your Fire TV screen in which you will find blank app rows on the screen. The app may not be arranged in sequence or in the order in which you have configured. If you are among the one who is facing this issue, then pay kind attention to this post, we will let you know the steps to get rid of this problem. These issues are common on new Fire TV 3. When you have just finished off with the installation process of any app on your Fire TV, you may find this problem on the screen. A complete blank row may appear on the screen.
Now, we are going to discuss steps to fill the empty rows or space created on the Fire TV home screen.
- Go to ‘Settings’ of your Fire TV and click on ‘Applications’ menu with the help of Fire TV remote.
- Go to the bottom of this page and click on ‘Manage installed applications’.
- Click to open ‘Appstore’ option from the main menu.
- You are required to select all three options named Clear data, Force stop, and clear cache.
- After this, you will be able to fix the blank space problem. To cross-check it, go to ‘Settings’ again and click on ‘My account’ on the right-hand side of the screen. Go to ‘Sync Amazon content’ option.
- Last but not the least, it is recommended to restart your Fire TV after closing the settings menu. To restart your device, click on ‘Device’ option from the main menu and click on ‘Restart’.
When the fire TV restarts, keep it idle for at least 1 minute. This is done to give a chance to it to set the rows on the screen. It will fetch the information from the Amazon account you created and display the apps accordingly. This may take some minutes due to a number of background processes running at the same time. You have to be patient at this point in time. If you are still getting trouble in getting the particular app on the screen, then follow the steps mentioned here as under:
- Check the software version of your fire stick OS you are using, if any update is available then update it at once. You can check the update by getting into Settings>System>about.
- Link a credit card to the Amazon account: If your credit card and billing address is not attached to the Amazon account, then you won’t be able to get the relevant app on the screen. So you must ensure that your Amazon wallet has a valid payment method. You can add your credit card details manually there.
- Sync and restart: To sync the content, go to ‘My account’ option and scroll down to click on Sync content’. Press back button to go to ‘Device’ from settings. Here, you will find restart option. Click on it. This will restart your fire TV.
- All the recently downloaded apps appear at the bottom of the screen by default. If you want to get it appeared on ‘Apps and games’ section, then press the home button of remote and click on the App to move to the above-mentioned area.
- Delete the app from the purchase history of your Fire TV. To do this, go to ‘Android devices and apps’ section from the Amazon account menu and click to delete the app from ‘My account’.