Xbox One is one of the most popular streaming devices that you can use to stream content from a wide range of applications such as, Netflix, Hulu, Vudu and that’s only the tip of the iceberg. Yet, consider the possibility that you are not able to access to Netflix on Xbox One. Rather than stressing over the issue, why not go through the solutions that are given below and re-establish the functionality of Netflix on Xbox One.
Xbox One isn’t simply used as a gaming console, but can be used to stream TV shows and movies from various applications. Netflix is a standout amongst the most popular applications that individuals like to use on Xbox One. On the off chance that you too are viewing your most loved content from Netflix by means of Xbox One, at that point you may have encountered issues with Netflix some or other time. If not, then you could encounter issues in the future, therefore, you ought to stay prepared to resolve the issue of Netflix not working on Xbox One.
The first thing that you need to check before you pursue with the concrete solutions is whether your Xbox One meets the minimum streaming requirements for streaming content from Netflix or not. If it is, then you can pursue with the solutions to this problem.
Fixing ‘Netflix not working on Xbox One:
Solution 1: Test your internet speed
You will only be able to stream content from Netflix, if you are getting an optimum speed. If not, then forget using Netflix.
- To check your internet speed, go to ‘Netflix.com’ and then, ‘settings’.
- Click on the option named ‘Check your network’.
Netflix will check your internet speed by reaching Netflix servers. If the speed turns out to be Ok, then you will get a message on your screen accordingly.
Solution 2: Restart your Home Network
- For this, you need to unplug your Xbox One and your modem/router for 30 seconds.
- Now, plug back each device, but don’t turn on the devices.
- Turn on ‘modem’ first, and let all the essential indicators become stable.
- Once they do, then you can turn on Xbox console.
- Now, try to open any TV show or movie on Netflix.
If this solution doesn’t work, then don’t worry, try the next one:
Solution 3: Connect Xbox Console directly to the modem
If the internet on your Xbox One is coming through a wireless medium, then you need to change it. You will have to bypass the Wi-Fi router and connect your Xbox One directly with the modem. Now, try to play anything from your Netflix Activate, and if it does play, then the problem lies within your router. You will have to use an Ethernet cable to connect your modem with Xbox One. For that, you will have to unplug the modem, then connect the gaming console with the modem. Wait for half a minute and then, plug the modem into the power supply. Let all the indicators get stable, and after that, you should turn on the Xbox gaming console.
Solution 4: Restore ISP default settings
If you are using Netflix via a VPN, then you need to bypass that VPN, and then, connect it directly with the home network. But, if you have switched to a custom DNS setting, then you need to reset your device to get DNS automatically.
Solution 5: Improve Wi-Fi Signal
You can improve the strength of Wi-Fi signal by following the below-mentioned steps:
- If the signal strength is not proper in the current location, then find a new location for the router.
- If there are any electronic device present near to the router, then you need to keep that away, as that could interfere with the Wi-Fi signal.
- Place the router at some height as keeping the router on the floor can cause issues with the Wi-Fi signal.
Solution 6: Get in touch with the person who set up your home network
If all the above-mentioned solutions fail to work, then you need to consult with the person who has set up your home network. If the network has not been set up properly, then you should tell him to fix it.