The problem of not being able to receive emails in an email service is definitely annoying. People using Bellsouth email are facing this problem as of late, and they have no idea where to look for a solution to this problem. Let us discuss as to why this problem has risen and what the solution could possibly be.
Bellsouth email is an email service that is only being given to those who subscribe to one or more AT&T services. Bellsouth email can’t be accessed by just signing up for free, as you will have to get it after you buy one of AT&T products and/or service. Yet, many people are using Bellsouth email in the US, and as of late, they have been experiencing a strange issue, i.e., not being able to receive emails in their Bellsouth email account. If you too are facing this issue in your Bellsouth email account, then here are the troubleshooting steps that you have to follow the troubleshooting steps given below:
- Webmail: How are you accessing Bellsouth email? Through a webmail service like Squirrel or Horde?
- Email Client: Are you accessing your Bellsouth email through an email client such as MS Outlook, an Email app for Windows or Mac computer?
If you are using both ways to access your Bellsouth email, then you could face such an annoying problem.
If you are using a webmail service to access your Bellsouth email Login, then you will have to follow the steps that are given below:
- Compose an email and trying sending it your email Bellsouth email. If you receive it, then your Bellsouth email is working properly. However, if there is any problem in receiving the email, then you will have to check whether the email address you’ve entered is right or not. If it is right, then move onto the Cpanel, and check email settings of your email account in the Cpanel.
- If your email account doesn’t have enough space to receive emails, then you can get such an error, so you need to make sure that there is enough space in your inbox to accommodate a few email messages. You can free up the existing space by deleting some of your previous emails, which you don’t require anymore.
- Check the ‘Spam’ folder of your Bellsouth email account, as you might have received the email in that folder. There is an option named ‘spam assassin’, which if enabled will send all the messages into the spam folder instead of sending it to the inbox. If all aforementioned things are as per the norms, yet you are not receiving any emails, then you need to confirm if your email account has been hacked. If it is, then get immediate assistance from Bellsouth tech support.
- If your email server has been changed in the recent times, then that could result in email sending and receiving problem. In such a case, you will have to get in touch with a network administrator to know the troubleshooting steps. Then, you will have to log into the new server with the same Bellsouth email settings.
- The problem of not being able to receive emails on your Bellsouth email could be due to configuring the email on more than one device, so you may have to remove Bellsouth email from your secondary devices.
If the problem doesn’t get resolved, then you will have to take help of email help and support providers information about which you can find on the web.