The only way to access Android settings in NVidia Shield TV is by performing a factory reset of the device. How this is done and what are the steps involved, we are going to discuss all that in this blog post. So, if you are looking to perform a factory reset of your NVidia Shield TV, then better pay attention towards the following blog post.
Having NVidia Shield TV and not being able to access Android settings is not a good situation to be in. Something has to be done in order to get out of this situation. The only thing that can be done is factory resetting Shield TV because the company itself recommends this when it is not possible for the users to access Android settings.
Now comes the question as to how to reset Shield TV to factory defaults. Well, you can follow below mentioned steps:
If using Shield TV:
- You need to reboot the device in fast boot mode.
- On the NVidia Shield controller, you need to use X & Y buttons to navigate in ‘Boot recovery kernel’. You can take NVidia Shield controller support.
- To select ‘Boot Recovery Kernel’, you need to press ‘A’ button.
- You are going to see a dead Android robot on the screen, so don’t panic when you see it. Just press ‘B’ button on the controller.
- After you press ‘B’ button, you are going to come across a menu named ‘Android Recovery’.
- Now, you will have to select ‘Wipe data/factory reset’ option, which you can do by using ‘X’ and ‘Y’ buttons.
- Press ‘A’ button to choose ‘wipe data/factory reset’ option.
- Once the process gets completed, you need to select ‘reboot system now’ option.
- Your NVidia Shield is going to boot to the home screen.
If using Shield TV (2015 model) or Shield Pro:
- Turn off NVidia Shield TV.
- Take out the power cable from the device.
- Connect the device to your computer using the USB cable.
- Plug the power cable into the device back again. If NVidia Shield TV doesn’t turn on, then take NVidia Shield support.
- Wait for a couple of seconds followed by holding the NVidia power button on the device for 5-6 seconds or until you see fast boot menu on the screen.
- Tap ‘NVidia button’ in order to navigate in the menu to ‘Boot recovery kernel’.
- Press and hold NVidia button for 2-4 seconds in order to choose ‘Boot Recovery kernel’.
- You are going to see a dead Android robot on display. Don’t worry, as this is supposed to be like that.
- Press and hold NVidia button for 2-4 seconds in order to process the following menu. In case, you are not able to see the recovery menu, then you can try this step a couple more times.
- You are going to come across a menu named ‘Android Recovery’. If you don’t get into this menu, then take NVidia Shield TV help.
- Tap NVidia button to get the option named ‘wipe data/factory reset’. You will have to tap NVidia button for 5 seconds to select ‘wipe data/factory reset’.
- Once the device reboots itself, you need to select ‘reboot system now’.
- NVidia Shield is going to boot to the home screen.
In case, you find any issue in performing these steps, then I would suggest that you should take NVidia Shield TV support from experts. Only experts can help you with this issue because they have been assisting customers like you for past many years.