Nintendo Wii is not just a gaming console where you can play games of your choice. But, it can be used as a streaming device as well, which has the ability to play your favorite movies and TV shows.
Apps like Netflix, Hulu and many more can be installed on Nintendo Wii. People are using these apps for a long time, and everything is going smoothly. But, as of late, there has been a problem that surfaced while accessing Netflix on Nintendo Wii. People are experiencing an error, i.e., Unable to connect to Netflix’, which is quite annoying. What this error is and how to get rid of it, let’s discuss in this blog post.
Fixing ‘unable to connect to Netflix’ on Nintendo Wii will not take much time if you know the right steps. Today, we are going to discuss those steps, so that fixing this issue becomes easier for you.
1. Restarting your home network
You will have to restart your home network, and for that, you need to take the power cable off the gaming console and all other devices that come into your home network. Unplug the cable for 30 seconds and then, plug it back again.
Turn off Nintendo Wii
Take out the power cable from the modem and/or router for 30 seconds. Plug the cable in and wait until you see all the LED indicators turning on. This needs to be done for both, modem as well as the router. Now, check whether Netflix has started to work or not.
2. Connect Nintendo Wii directly to the modem
If Nintendo Wii is connected to the in-house router, which is further connected to the modem, then you need to bypass the router. Connect Nintendo Wii to the modem using an Ethernet cable. Here are the steps for doing that:
- Turn off Nintendo Wii.
- Plug Nintendo Wii into the modem with the help of an Ethernet cable.
- Cut power of the modem for half a minute and then, put it back on.
- The indicator lights will start blinking, so it’s time to turn on Nintendo Wii and launch Netflix.
If you come across any issue in this step, especially related to the internet, then you should contact your ISP because only your ISP can fix internet related issues in the best way.
3. Restore default settings of the ISP
If somehow, the streaming device’s connection settings have been changed, then you should restore the default settings of the ISP. If you are connecting with a VPN, then you need to disable it and try to connect directly to the home internet network. If you change the streaming device to custom DNS setting, then it is recommended to reset the device in order to obtain the DNS automatically. Call experts in case of an issue.
4. Check and improve your Wi-Fi signal
If the app was working smoothly over the Wi-Fi network but has stopped suddenly, then there must be some problem with the Wi-Fi. Here is how you can fix the problem:
- Change the location of the router and then see, if the signal has improved or not.
- Keep the router away from devices that you think could clash with the signal.
- Keep the router at a high place such as a desk or a table, if it is currently placed on or nearby the floor.