Are you looking to move from Bellsouth email to Gmail? If yes, then this can be easily done by following certain steps, which we will be discussing in this blog post. The process is easy, but in case you find issues changing Bellsouth email login to Gmail, then you can take help from email experts.
Bellsouth email is one of the most popular email services in the world today. If you are using this email service, but are not very positive about it, then there is no use of sticking onto it. You can easily move onto some other email service of your choice. If you have created your Bellsouth email account prior to 2011, then moving onto some other email service, including Gmail would be a whole lot easier. You have to understand that in order to switch from one email account to another, you need adjustment in POP3 and SMTP servers. These servers were not available back in 2011, which is the reason that transferring was easier.
But, if you are looking to move from Bellsouth email to Gmail, then here is how you can do that:
- Launch your web browser and log into your Gmail account.
- After logging into your Gmail account, click ‘settings’.
- Go to ‘POP3’ option followed by clicking ‘add a new account’.
- Now, perform Bellsouth net email login by entering the right username and password.
- You will now be asked to enter the port number and inbound.att.net settings respectively. You will have to enter ‘995’ in the port number field.
- There will be an option that says, ‘leave a copy of the message on the server’, which you need to tick. Doing this will save messages on both email service providers. There is no need to change Bellsouth email settings in order to perform this function.
- Click on ‘SSL’ authentication in order to enable it.
- Tap the option named ‘label incoming messages’, which will allow you to received messages on your Gmail account from Bellsouth email.
- If you don’t wish to receive emails on your Gmail account, then click on ‘archive messages’.
- Click ‘add an account’ now in order to add Bellsouth email to Gmail. The process is going to begin automatically, so wait till it completes.
Note: If you have created an account on Bellsouth email recently, then it is advised to use the email in Mozilla Thunderbird or using a client such as MS Outlook because the domain will expire on all other web browsers soon. You can easily transfer IMAP protocols that are available with Bellsouth email account to different client programs. If you come across any issue, then you can get in touch with Bellsouth email support. They will help figure out and rectify the issue for you. It is important for you to check that all the security features are turned off at the time of transferring your account from Bellsouth to Gmail. POP3 settings that we discussed earlier are exclusively applicable on Bellsouth email servers, and you can’t use those on POP3 servers.
This concludes the transition from Bellsouth email to Gmail. If you come across any issue in any of the steps, then you can get in touch with experts who deal with such issues.