You can now start enjoying HBO contents on your Fire TV as well as Fire stick by just performing the simple steps. All you need to do is; to activate the device online on HBO activate link. We have mentioned the simple and easy steps in this post. You must follow the steps in same order to activate and deactivate HBO service on Fire Stick. If you find any problem, you can take Amazon fire TV support from the official page.
Steps for activating HBO Go on Amazon Fire TV and stick
- First of all, download the HBO app on your TV from the official Amazon app store.
- Install the app and launch it from the screen.
- You will find notification related to activation of the device on your Fire TV screen. Wait for a minute till the code gets generated. To get a code, you need to turn on your computer and open the official HBO page on it.
- Check the code on the computer screen and enter the same on the TV screen with the help of Fire TV remote.
- If prompted to select the device from the list, click on ‘Amazon fire TV’.
- Enter the cable TV provider details on the next page. It includes username and password. If the TV provider is not included in the HBO Go support list, you need to send a complaint to the cable provider in this regard.
- Open activation screen now and enter the code by copying it from the computer screen. If you are still getting the problem in activating the app, then check Fire TV support for different apps.
- You will find ‘Complete’ message on the screen. This means that you have successfully activated the app.
You can now stream content on your Fire TV with the help of HBO go app.
Now, we are going to discuss the steps to deactivate HBO app from the Amazon Fire TV or stick.
- Open HBO Go app from the home screen or from the menu of your Amazon Fire TV.
- You need to pick up the remote to open the main menu.
- Open settings followed by ‘apps’. Go to ‘HBO’ and click on ‘Deactivate’.
In case, you have gifted your Fire TV to your friend or to your relative and want to deactivate it from home, then it is possible now, just send a request to us for the deactivation. We will disconnect the HBO service on the particular device within 24 hours.
Troubleshooting activation issues on your Amazon fire stick
If you are among one of those unlucky users who are getting the problem in activation the HBO Go app on Fire stick or your Fire TV not working properly with the App, then we are going to provide some troubleshooting tips to you.
1st step: Uninstall the HBO Go app from the device: To uninstall the app, follow the below-mentioned steps
- Uninstall the app by getting into the settings menu.
- Restart your device to refresh the memory.
- Download the app again from the app store and launch it from the screen.
- Check if the problem is resolved or not. If not, go to Fire stick support link.
If the above-mentioned troubleshooting step doesn’t work for you, you can go to next troubleshooting step.
2nd step: Reset your Fire stick or TV: To reset your TV, you need to go to ‘Settings’ followed by ‘Device’. Here you need to click on ‘Reset’ option. Check for the latest update if available on Fire Stick help link.