Earlier this month, I shared the steps to install Kodi on Firestick. Now, I am going to share the steps to install IPVanish VPN on Amazon fire stick. Earlier this installation was not possible on Amazon Fire TV due to compatibility issues but now according to IPVanish official page, you can install it on Fire TV stick.
Note: If you are going to install this VPN on 1st generation fire stick, then sorry to say that it won’t work on your device. You must have a 2nd generation or higher model of Fire TV stick with Alexa remote. You can get this for $40.
For your information, I want to mention here that IPVanish is now available on amazon app store. Just open the App store on your fire stick and search for the ‘IPVanish’ VPN. If you are reluctant to do so, then continue reading this post to grab the steps for installing IPVanish.
What type of downloads are required for installing VPN on fire stick?
- Download APK file of IPVanish version 3.0.14 for Android devices. Unzip the folder to get .APK file.
- Download adb link and install it on your computer. This will work for windows, mac and Linux OS.
Start your Fire TV stick prior installing IPVanish VPN
- From the fire stick remote, hover to ‘Settings’ then to ‘System’. Go to ‘Developer’ followed by ‘Enable’ apps from unknown sources.
- Note down the IP address of your fire stick by getting into the ‘Settings’>System>Network.
How to install IPVanish using ADB link?
- Launch ADB link from your computer you downloaded earlier.
- Tap on the new button.
- You are required to enter a name for your Firestick.
- Now, in the address field, enter the IP address of your fire stick which you noted earlier.
- Click to save the options.
- Tap ‘Connect’. You will find your fire TV in the list of connected devices.
- Click to install APK file. For this, you have to move to ‘IPVanish’ folder and locate APK file.
- You will be prompted for installation. Click to ‘Continue’ installation from unknown sources.
- A progress window will appear on the screen. You can check the estimated time it will take to complete the installation. You need to be patient at this point in time. Don’t expedite.
- On the successful completion of installation, you will find a message ‘You are done’ on the screen.
- Go to app section of your Firestick and check for ‘IPVanish’ VPN. It is there in the list.
How to install IPVanish to Firestick using ES file explorer?
- Before starting with the installation, don’t forget to accomplish the initial steps.
- Open Home screen and click on ‘search’. Type ‘ES File Explorer’. Install this on your device after downloading it from the app store.
- Open ES file explorer now and add the address to the download manager. You will find this on the left side of the screen under ‘Tools’ menu.
- Select download to start downloading IPVanish file in the Fire TV stick.
- Unzip the downloaded Zip file to fetch APK file from there.
- Click on ‘IPVanish’ APK file to install on your device.
- IPVanish is now successfully installed in your Fire TV stick. You can check it from ‘Settings’ menu. Go to ‘Applications’ and then to ‘Manage installed applications’. Go to ‘IPVanish’ and click on it.
These are the two methods to install IPVanish on Fire TV stick.