We know that to configure Roadrunner email account on your Galaxy Note 2, you must have valid username and password. The username and password we are talking of are for login to the RR account. If you have not created your account on Roadrunner mail yet, then first configure it then install the same on your Galaxy Note 2. You need incoming as well as outgoing server settings to send and receive the mail on your Galaxy Note 2. However, if you find certain errors after configuring or during the setup of mail on Galaxy note 2, then you must read the steps mentioned below.
We are going to share some steps which will help you in fixing the mail issues encountered on mail app installed in your note 2.
1st problem: Not being able to setup mail: If you find a problem in configuring the mail on your Note 2, then, first of all, check the network connectivity on your device. You must switch to different network mode for proper signal strength. If the airplane mode is activated on your device, then you will find a problem with the network. You must check the settings of your account before entering into the app. If you don’t know the username and password of your account, then first confirm it through a computer browser. If you have installed Microsoft ActiveSync on your device, then you may find a problem with the mail service.
Basic steps for fixing the problem
- Try login to the RR account from your computer browser and check if the credentials are working or not.
- Check the server status page of your email service provider and see if there is any outage problem reported. You need to check the subscribed plan and mail quota.
- If you are getting 2 to 3 signal bars, then it means the connection strength on your Galaxy note is OK.
- If the problem is in a particular area, then you need to report the issue to the network service provider.
- Check the device software version and see if any updated version is available online or not. If any new version is available, then download and install it immediately.
- Contact RR mail support for the issue and verify the POP3 or IMAP settings for your Galaxy Note 2.
- Sometimes, you may find a problem with setting up the mail with POP3 settings. In that case, change the account type to IMAP.
- You need to perform a soft resetting of Galaxy Note 2: This will help in establishing the connection again.
- To restart the device, remove the battery from the back cover and insert it after 2 minutes.
- Wait for some minutes until the device gets connected to the network.
- Connect your Galaxy Note 2 to the Data network and try accessing the mail now.
- Open mail app from the app menu or from the desktop icon directly.
- If you are getting the problem in connecting to the server, then switch to a Wi-Fi network.
If you are dealing with an error message like ‘Won’t connect to account’ or ‘Wrong input credentials’, then don’t forget to verify the login credentials. You can verify the credentials by opening the webmail on your computer. If you are able to log in successfully with the credentials, then by using same username and password connect to your mail from Galaxy note 2.