Getting Black screen problem on your PC while accessing Netflix on it? Well, there is no need to worry, follow the steps mentioned in this post. Today, we have bought a comprehensive guide for you which will help you in fixing the Black screen problem. There is a number of solutions to fix this problem. We will discuss 5 main solutions with you.
There is no guarantee that whether the fault is within the device or in the program. We are going to discuss general solutions with you which will help you in removing the error.
Solution1: Run web browser under admin
- Close all windows of your browser.
- Click on ‘Start’ followed by ‘Apps’.
- Right-click on the browser from the list of items.
- Click ‘Run as admin’ followed by selecting ‘Allow’ from the list of options. If you are prompted for this action, then click ‘Yes’.
- Try streaming your content now from Netflix.
If the problem is solved, then it’s Ok, otherwise follow the next troubleshooting step mentioned here as under:
Solution2: Clear cookies from the Internet browser
Once in a while cookies which get stored on your internet browser may prevent you from watching Netflix on TV. To fix this, the steps are:
- Open Netflix site and click on ‘Clear cookies’ option.
- You will now get signed-out of the account.
- Log in to your Netflix account by entering the email address and password.
- Open site again.
Solution3: Restart web browser
Follow steps mentioned below:
- Close all opened tabs on your browser.
- Open the web browser again.
- Open Netflix again and enter your account login details.
Solution4: Clear the browsing data of chrome browser
Steps to clear the browsing data are discussed below:
- Open menu of your chrome browser.
- Open settings then click on ‘Advanced’. This option is given at the bottom of the screen.
- Here you will find ‘Privacy’ option. Click on ‘Clear browsing data’ option.
- Now, click on the option which says, ‘Beginning from time’ followed by ‘Media licenses’.
- Clear browsing data for Netflix app and check if the problem is solved or not.
Solution5: Uninstall and Reinstall Silverlight plugin
This plugin enables you to watch your favorite content on PC from Netflix channel. If there is some problem in this plugin, then you might not be able to watch content and get the Black screen on PC.
Uninstall the plugin from your system and install it again. You need to follow the below-mentioned steps:
- In case your web browser is open, close it first.
- Go to ‘Settings’. This option is given on the right-hand side of the screen.
- Open ‘Control panel’. From here, you need to go to ‘Programs’.
- Uninstall the program from here by selecting Microsoft Silverlight.
- Tap on ‘Uninstall’.
To install the Silverlight program again, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Open Netflix official page and click on your choice. You will get ‘install’ option along with it.
- Click to start Netflix channel
- The downloaded file will be auto-saved in the download folder.
- Double click to start the installation.
- Open Netflix again and start browsing the stuff.